10 Best Push Lawn Mowers to Achieve a Velvet Yard By Push of a Button
When it’s about lawn mowing, the crucial difference between a soothing experience and the one filled with torment is in owning an adequate machine. If you have less than half a hectare yard, you must be looking for the best push lawn mower that will leave a lawn looking like velvet. Handling the job will bring you the satisfaction of a well-suited yard, save you money, and still leave your yard neat and beautiful.
With many available options, it can be overwhelming to find a solution that works for you. The garden experts’ team rounded up top rated push lawn mowers to make it easier to consider crucial features. Take a closer look at the list below to find the model that meets your needs and converts mowing into a relaxing chore.
Best Push Mowers at a Glance
What Is the Best Push Mower?
It depends on many factors which lawn mower is a perfect option for you. It would be best if you chose based on essential criteria to consider the mower that satisfies your requirements. You can choose between push and self-propelled models, the designs created for small and big yards, the battery and gas-powered. Check out our buying guide and include relevant parameters when selecting to find reliable help in the yard.
10. Greenworks GLM801601 – Best Mulching Lawn Mower ($499.00)
Deck size: 21″
Weight: 79.5 lbs.
Included 2 lithium batteries and charger
- Run time: up to 60 min.
- Quick charge
- Enhanced with Smartcut Technology
- Vertical storage
- 3-in-1: mulch, bag, side-discharge
If you are looking for a mulching push mower, check out the powerful Greenworks GLM801601. Featuring a durable steel deck and large 10″ rear wheels, it is the perfect option for both a professional and a homeowner. It offers 3-in-1 discharging performance, including mulch, rear bag and side discharge. Pushing the starting button makes it easy to start up the machine.
With 2 fully charged batteries, you can effectively mow for up to 60 minutes. The brushless motor delivers gas equivalent performance, making it more reliable. Enhanced with smart cut-load-sensing technology, the engine effectively increases its power output when it comes to an extra load. If you want a different grass height in other areas, a single lever offers seven different cutting heights. With vertical storage, you save 70% more space in your garage!
9. Lawn-Boy 17730 – Best Push Mower with Bag ($239.13)
Deck size: 21″
Weight: 61 lbs.
Powered by Kohler XTX OHV engine
- Kohler XTX OHV engine
- Lightweight yet durable deck
- Adjustable deck height
- Large bag capacity and 3-in-1 discharge ability
- Includes Tri-cut cutting system
The high-quality Lawn-Boy 17730 is designed to make mowing straightforward and extra efficient. Maintaining a beautiful lawn even on rough terrain is simple to achieve on durable and bumping-resistant wheels. They measure 11″, delivering better control and easy moving.
The two-point height-of-cut system allows you to adjust the cutting height quickly and enjoy in perfectly mowed yard. The versatile cutting system offers mulching, bagging, and side discharge. Large bag capacity delivers uninterrupted performance, making the whole process quicker. Easy to handle and maintain, it will make your lawn beautiful.
8. PowerSmart DB8621CR – (was $189.00; now $157.99)
Deck size: 21″
Weight: 60 lbs.
Powered by 170CC OHV gas engine
- Forced air-cooling system
- Adjustable cutting depth thanks to the 5-position height adjustment
- 2-in-1 discharge ability
- Labor-saving design
- Foldable, handle design
If you need a perfect partner in cutting bigger yards, the durable PowerSmart DB8621CR is an ideal choice. Enhanced with high durability, the fantastic 21″ steel deck covers the large cutting zone and makes it easy to finish mowing quickly and easily. The forced air-cooling system provides an extended power of the engine to get the job finished.
Equipped with 5-position height adjustment, the machine can be set up to cut between the span of 1.18″ to 3.05″. It effectively clears even the tallest and toughest grass. The two-in-one discharge ability helps you keep your grass thick and healthy by spreading the grass clippings to the side. Mulching allows turning the crucial nutrients to your lawn, making it recovers on its own. When you bring your yard to perfection, fold the mower without tools and store it vertically to save space and keep your garage organized.
7. Black+Decker MTC220– Best Lawn Mower for Small Yard ($147.99)
Deck size: 12″
Weight: 14.40 lbs.
Included 2 lithium batteries
- 3-in-1 machine: lawn mower, trimmer and edger
- Fantastic AFS system
- Adjustable height deck and pivoting handle
- Extended run time
- Compact design fits great to limited storage space
Those who have tried to mow the small yard with a giant lawnmower know how much little machine matters. The convertible Black+Decker MTC220 quickly transforms from mower to trimmer to edger. It makes it easy to reach even inaccessible edges along the sidewalk without bumping and having to stop.
The adjustable height deck allows choosing between the range of 1.6″ to 2.4″. Trimmer and pivoting handle are easy to assemble, which bears comfort and effortless handling. The high-quality batteries provide an extended run time, requiring 4 hours to be fully charged. When it comes to trimming, an installed AFS system offers permanent and automatic line advancement, while the compact, ergonomic design helps you reach maximum efficiency.
6. Craftsman M105 – Best Push Mower for the Money ($295.45)
Deck size: 21″
Weight: 65 lbs.
Powered by 140cc Briggs and Stratton engine
- Easy to handle
- Bears 3-in-one capabilities
- Adjustable cutting height
- Minor assembly required
- High-quality engine equipped with recoil and auto choke
The powerful Craftsman M105 is manufactured to help you keep your yard clean and neat. The deck extent creates a large cutting area, making mowing quick and efficient. The cutting height varies from 1.25″ to 3.75″, requiring a minor assembly and no mechanical experience.
Equipped with recoil and auto choke, the high-quality 140cc engine offers to start without fussing. You can choose from the discharge capabilities and fold it easily when you finish the job. The current price tag includes a premium mower cover with advanced features: it protects the machine from rain, dirt, and tree sap.
5. Troy-Bilt TB130 XP – Best Gas Push Mower ($395.85)
Deck size: 21″
Gas-powered by 163cc OHV engine
- 3-in-1 discharge capabilities
- Durable and powerful engine
- Rust-resistant steel deck
- 6-position height adjustment
- Adjustable handles and comfort grip
Suppose you are looking for a gas-powered push lawn mower that will take your mowing to a higher level, then check out the fantastic Troy-Bilt TB130 XP. A durable 163cc OHV engine offers ample running time. Sturdy 21″ steel deck allows you to mow extensive grass areas with fewer passes.
Long-lasting 7″ front and 8″ rear wheels effectively run uneven terrains without bumpings. The model is equipped with a fantastic adjustable arsenal. You can quickly adapt the cutting height with a dual-lever and select the perfect one for your lawn. Adjustable handles and comfort grip enables straight standing, which prevents hand and back pain.
4. Sun Joe MJ401C – Best Cheap Lawn Mower ($168.00)
Deck size: 14″
Weight: 29 lbs.
Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Completely cordless
- High precision in a single pass
- 3-position manual height control
- Built-in LED battery level indicator
- Detachable 10.6 gal grass catcher
If you are more into cordless and gas-free solutions, the battery-powered Sun Joe MJ401C is a perfect choice. Rechargeable lithium-ion cell has a terminal voltage of 28V, providing up to 25 minutes of productive runtime. Brushless motor produces less noise and more runtime, allowing you to enjoy yard tailoring in quiet.
The running time begins instantly by pushing the start button. A durable and sharp steel blade provides a precise 14″ wide cut in a single pass, saving you time and energy. Thanks to the detachable grass catcher that facilitates the disposal process, you can quickly get rid of cut grass by throwing it in a trash can or use it as a topdress. Consider the lawn ranger and power up with the push of a button!
3. Remington RM4060 – Best Push Lawnmower with Electric Start ($349.00)
Deck size: 21″
Weight: 54 lbs.
Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Quickly reaches full charge in only 166 minutes
- Rust-resistant, sharp steel deck
- 3 discharge capabilities
- Equipped with easy-to-push start button
If you need a good push mower that does the job efficiently and charges fastly, consider the durable and dependable Remington RM4060. The powerful battery charges fully in 166 minutes with an included Remington charger. Thanks to an electric start button, there is no priming or pulling – a simple push of a switch starts the machine.
The sharp steel deck covers a wide area and gets the job done in a pass, accelerating the routine. You can choose between mulching, bag, or side discharge by your preference. Adjust the cutting height, push the button – and get right to the job!
2. Worx WG959 and WG547.9 Turbine Blower Combo ($471.48)
Deck size: 17″
Powered by specific rechargeable batteries
- Enhanced with Intellicut technology for extra torque-on-demand
- Adjustable cutting heights
- 2-in-1 discharge capabilities
- Cordless and portable
- Lightweight and super easy to use and assemble
Get the fantastic Worx combo kit and enjoy the double power of cordless garden tools. The lightweight push mower is easy to use, leaving the lawn perfectly tailored. The full indicator elevates a grass bag, detecting the bag’s occupancy. You can easily adjust the desired cutting height with a single lever and make your lawn clipped according to your preferences.
The latest Intellicut technology delivers power on demand, allowing personalized customization. If you want to use the grass clippings as a topdress, adjust the mulching mode, or choose rear discharge. The powerful 40V batteries deliver the extended running time to enjoy mowing for a while.
When the lawn is suited, clean the yard with an excellent turbine blower. Compact and lightweight, it produces up to 360cfm of air volume, making the cleaning process effortless. The tools are part of the Worx Power Share family, which means you can use the same batteries for both mower and blower, and save your money and energy. Mow the lawn, and then clean it up at a great price!
1. Honda HRN216PKA – Best Walk Behind Lawn Mower Overall ($499.00)
Deck size: 21″
Powered by Honda GCV170 Engine
- Equipped with auto-choke
- Micro-cut twin blade system
- 3-in-1 system
- Optimized airflow for superior mulching and bagging
- Dual-lever height adjustment system – 7 cutting heights
If you care about the lawn with passion, the high-quality Honda GRN216PKA fits perfectly. Advanced design features (like optimized heavy-duty deck and micro-cut twin blade system) offer an excellent mowing performance without leavings. The three-in-one system is enhanced with a clip detector, enabling you to choose between mulch, bag, and rear discharge – everything without parts or tools.
Thanks to the dual-lever height adjustment system, you can quickly make convenient heights for seven different cutting levels. The large capacity grass bag is balanced and easy to empty, saving your time and energy. The high-traction wheels are easy to handle in uneven terrains, offering a smooth ride and extra durability. The residential 3-year warranty means your mower is covered from top to bottom for 3 full years, leaving you to rest easy for a long time.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider when Buying a Lawn Mower
- Push or self-propelled: If you are looking for the cheaper solution that will get you out and make you exercise, a push lawn mower is a perfect option. When it’s about self-propelled ones, the engine delivers energy to the wheels and makes them move.
- Yard size: Push mowers are great for small-and-medium yards, while self-propelled ones come as a treasure for homeowners with big yards.
- Electric start: Powering the engine with a push of a button makes things straightforward. You save your time and energy by getting right to the job.
- Folding handle: When the handle is foldable, it is easier to store.
- Vertical storage: If you don’t have a lot of room in the garage, space-efficient models are the right partners.
- Uniform wheels: The research has shown it is easier to maneuver when the wheels are uniform.
- Cutting height: Based on your desires and the type of grass, you should choose solutions with adjustable cutting heights to reach the desired lawn look.
- Deck’s size: Consider the mowers with larger decks if your lawn is big to complete the job quicker and more efficient.
- Grass discharge capabilities: Check if the mower has different discharge options, letting you choose between mulching, bag, and rear discharge.
- Weight: Consider lightweight solutions. They are easier to handle and facilitate the pushing process.
Benefits of Having a Push Mower
- Push lawn mowers are better for the grass’s health.
- Push mowers make your lawn look cleaner and more likable.
- They save you money.
- They get you out of the house and exercise your body.
- Mowing becomes a pleasure with a fantastic push partner!