The Best Espresso Machines Under $100 – 10 Picks & Buying Guide
If you’re truly espresso lover tired of going to a coffee shop and standing in line to get a cup of espresso, you may need to think about home espresso maker. There are so many brands and models of espresso machines available on the market today that can help you make a nice caffeine shot at the comfort of your residence. However, the biggest challenge is choosing the best espresso machine under 100 dollars, especially for those who don’t have an idea of what they’re looking for in an espresso machine.
That’s why we have prepared this comprehensive buying guide. Let’s get started.
What is the Best Affordable Espresso Machine?
No one model of espresso maker is going to be right for everyone. Overall, the ideal way of finding an espresso machine is to figure out which unit has all of the features that you need, so you can get the best value for the money. Great manufacturers like De’Longhi and Mr. Coffee made affordable and quality espresso makers for newcomers and their clients on a budget. Here’s our top recommendation when it comes to the best espresso machines under $100.
For those seeking a reliable home espresso machine that’s pocket-friendly and simple, De’Longhi is a great option. It’s one of those makers that will stay with you for the years to come with proper maintenance. The item utilizes 15 bars of pressure pump to whip up a quality cup of espresso every time with a minimal learning curve. The device doesn’t include any alarms, clocks, or auto-shutoff when the coffee is brewed, so you need to watch the brewing process and stop it on time or clean the kitchen instead.
Overall, this is the best cheap espresso machine with a milk frother that saves time and money in the long term. You can produce numerous sorts of coffee drinks since it’s engineered to please all who prefer quality espresso or cappuccino. Ultimately, De’Longhi is a straightforward machine designed for starters.
- Nice and compact design;
- Removable water tank
- Easy to use and clean;
- Excellent high-pressure pump;
- Portable and lightweight.
- Makes only one or two shots at a time.
illy Y3.3 is an easy-to-understand, practical, and aesthetically pleasing espresso maker. With a small footprint, at 10 inches height, and a 3.94 inches width, this model fits small cuisines, and it looks cool on the counter. But that’s not its most important virtue. Unlike other pod-based espresso units, illy creates espresso shots with real crema. With the Y3 blade, you can benefit both brewed espresso and coffee any time you want. The two different capsules (brewed espresso and coffee) bring home the quality of the barista-prepared beverage.
This type of machine holds a few patents, and the amount of innovation that goes into them makes them so unique on the market. The idea behind this model is to make quality espresso with the convenience of a pod espresso maker. Overall, the Y3.2 features the clean lines with a minimalist approach, while it pulls great espresso shots.
- One-touch process for making espresso;
- Features two programmable espresso settings;
- High-quality Y3 blade for brewed espresso;
- Fantastic design with removable water tank;
- 19 bars of a pressure pump.
- It requires illy brand capsules.
This espresso machine’s sturdy black plastic-stainless steel exterior has the same look and feel as those of the espresso makers you often see in coffee shops nowadays. Coming in at 8 lbs and 11.5″ x 10.2″ x 7.2″ in dimensions, so it can indeed fit cozily on your kitchen countertop, dining table, or coffee table.
The Capresso EC50 comes with a large variety of useful features that enable you to truly prepare espresso quite easily. These features are: stainless-steel-lined thermoblock that can generate pressure at a maximum of 15 bars, which ensures the device brews coffee fast and consistently; patented, stainless-steel sieve that makes using this machine even easier; self-locking filter holder and removable 42 oz water tank, both of which make cleaning the unit a breeze; metal cup-warming platform, which allows you to leave on it your shot of espresso for several minutes; and capability to produce froth ideal for cappuccinos and lattes every time.
- Reliable performance;
- Easy to use;
- Several additional features;
- Durable construction;
- Several useful feature.
- Don’t use ESE pods.
The Mr. Coffee Café Automatic Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is considered as the best espresso maker for beginners. It weighs 7.1 pounds with a size of 9.25 x 9.38 x 11-inches. The device boasts a minimalistic design, and its functionality and aesthetics make it an ideal addition to your kitchen.
It comes supported by a powerful frother that makes up rich espressos and creates lattes in real barista quality. Plus, you can choose a single or double shot with the included 1-ounce or 2-ounce filter baskets. The 15-bar pressure pump system extracts optimum flavor for every brew you prepare. This unit also includes a one-touch control panel on the front that allows you to select the specific beverage. This machine features a thermal block heater that brews espressos and cappuccinos quicker than other models at this price point.
- 15-bar pressure pump enables optimum flavor extraction;
- Thermal block heating heats water evenly and quickly
- Easy-to-use milk frother for creamy lattes and cappuccinos;
- Comes with measuring cup and frothing pitcher;
- Base removes for trouble-free cleaning.
You May Also Like
- 10 Best Espresso Machines – Reviews, Buying Guide & FAQs
- Top 10 Gas Grills for Mess-Free Cooking
- 8 Best Gas Grills Under $500 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Top-Rated Office Chairs in 2022: 11 Productivity-Booster Options
- 12 Best Desk Lamps to Boost Your Working Efficiency
- 15 Perfect Automatic Watches Under 500 Dollars [Buying Guide]
- 15 Leading Men’s Watches Under 200 Bucks
From features like an energy-saving mode to its dishwasher safe capability with the parts being detachable and straightforward to clean, making clean up easy, ChefWave Mini Espresso Machine is an excellent addition to any home. This inexpensive espresso machine isn’t only fast and easy to learn how to use, but it can also give you a high-quality cup of espresso or lungo.
What sets this model apart from other best inexpensive espresso machines on the market is its compatibility with Nespresso pods. Plus, it comes with espresso cups and a capsule holder. You can also use the side rack to get a big storage space for your capsules. This model sports up to 20 bar pressure, which is the same amount of power generally used in a bar or restaurant. It’s also safe in the home, with a 2-hour automatic shut-off feature and a compact design that doesn’t take up too much counter space in your kitchen.
- Works with 1400W of power;
- Compact and lightweight, only weighing 6.6 lbs;
- Espresso quality with a 20 bar pressure pump;
- Energy-saving mode with automatic shut-off;
- Compatible with Nespresso pods.
- It takes up more time to heat up than other espresso makers.
This ultra-lightweight, portable espresso maker, weighing just under a pound, is perfect for use at home, the office, traveling, and camping. Made from BPA-free plastic, this model works by a manual pumping system, which requires no electricity or batteries, only your pumping action. Although this unit doesn’t utilize power, it still creates a rich crema. Still, you do need access to hot water for this model. It’s compatible with Nespresso pods, and it can hold up to 2.7 ounces of water. The device also comes with a manual milk frother, but you’ll also have to heat it separately.
The cleaning of this item is quite straightforward. All you need to do is shake out any excess water, tap out the spend grinds, and rinse each of the parts. This’s a breeze if you have a sink, but can also quickly be done by dumping water out of a bottle.
- Makes rich and thick crema for espresso;
- Compatible with Nespresso pods;
- Simple to use and clean up;
- BPA-free material;
- Made from premium stainless steel.
- It needs access to hot water.
The SOWTECH espresso maker is compact, budget-friendly, and arrives with useful coffee tools to get you started, like an 8-ounce glass carafe, coffee scoop, and a portafilter. You can use the carafe to pour the ideal amount of caffeine every time. It’ll produce rich espresso drinks in just seconds. The machine features an inbuilt steam wand, which is responsible for making the all-time hot drink.
It’s easy to operate, especially for a manual device, making it an excellent way to experiment with espresso. A single knob on the side of the device makes it easy to switch between steaming milk and brewing espresso and turning it on and off. It can brew one to four espresso shots. While not the strongest milk frother on the market, it can make lattes, cappuccinos, and other milk-based coffee beverages. The drip catcher can be removed for seamless cleaning.
- Automatic temperature control;
- Seamless switches;
- Frothing can be performed manually;
- Solid and lightweight device;
- Single knob cycle.
- It brews only at low pressure.
Like the SOWTECH model, this’s a solid pick from Yabano with a good operation style, including the carafe catch. It shows up with a compact design at 13.1” x 7.7″ x 10″. Features include easy switch-knob operation, brewing up to 4 cups of espresso at once, a built-instead wand for cappuccinos and lattes, and a portafilter.
It’s easy to maintain with a removable drip tray and nozzle. Operation is straightforward, so you don’t need to have any prior knowledge or skill to get started, just love for espresso. However, it’s not ideal. The steam wand struggles to warm milk consistently, and this might be sufficient to make many eyebrows among users. Anyway, it’s one of the best inexpensive espresso machines on the market currently available.
- Easy to operate and clean;
- Built-in steam wand;
- Doesn’t take up much space;
- Great value for the money;
- Heats up quickly.
- It’s not great for foaming.
The Aicook 3.5Bar Espresso Coffee Maker is absolutely a perfect deal for any espresso lover. It’s a classic machine, without any fancy dials or buttons to control, due to its single switch knob control. Plus, it comes armed with a permanent filter basket that will save you some dollars and don’t need to buy extra reusable filters.
It’s easy to use this machine, and its 3.5-bar pressure pump system delivers the right amount of pressure required for extraction during brewing. With this cheap espresso maker, you can brew four cups of coffee at the same time – which is excellent. It also comes equipped with a safety clip that ensures seamless operations. There is no support for too fine grinder, which is the main drawback. Hence, it’s recommended to use medium size coffee ground when brewing.
- Whips up espresso, cappuccino, and latte;
- Comes with a built-in steam wand;
- Simple to assemble and clean;
- Compact size for easy handling and storage;
- Froths quickly.
- It’s not suitable for a fine grind.
This espresso machine by Mr. Coffee brings you the ability to become your own barista creating tasty espresso, flavorful cappuccinos, and creamy lattes. This great little machine by Mr. Coffee has its own powerful milk frother, critical in making coffee beverages.
Another core feature that makes this best budget espresso machine is its steam heat system that forces the hot steam through its filter to brew dark and rich espresso. It also has a handy glass carafe that serves four shots with an easy to tilt handle for pouring espresso shots. Finally, this steam espresso maker is easy to use and brews quickly, so you don’t have to wait long, like you often do in your favorite coffee shop, to get super tasting espresso drinks.
- Makes flavorful espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos.
- Equipped with powerful frother;
- Comes with an easy-pour glass carafe;
- Removable drip catcher;
- The blowing up of steam can be a problem from time to time.
Espresso Machine Buying Guide
Now that you’ve gone through our top picks for the best espresso machine under 100 dollars, you might need some assistance with your final call. Let this buyer guide give you the essential factors you have to know before buying an affordable espresso brewer.
- Ease of use – If you need to break out the instruction manual every time you want an espresso or a cappuccino, you’ve probably chosen the wrong machine. Look for espresso makers that are simple and intuitive to use. It’s highly recommended that you reference the user’s manual the first few times to ensure you don’t end up with a poor taste;
- Espresso grinder – No matter how cheap or expensive you go for the espresso machine, grinder always plays a crucial role in achieving the best espresso shot. Even if the device is costly, if you use poorly ground beans, you can’t have the result you’re expecting. Whether expensive or cheap, all espresso makers depend on the coffee grounds you use to prepare espresso;
- Milk frother – Milk frother can generally tell you a lot about the espresso machine as a single unit. If the maker features an excellent milk frother, then it is typically a great maker. If the frother is average, so is the device, and if it isn’t that good, that’s what you can expect of the machine;
- Durability – The materials also play a critical part in the machine’s durability. Devices with metal components tend to last longer compared to other models. It’s also smart to purchase the manual espresso makers than automatic espresso makers. Because automatic espresso machines use delicate parts that might need repairs thanks to its constant use;
- Cleaning – An espresso maker that has many features and components takes a long time to clean. So, choose the espresso machine that only offers the features you need, and you would often use it. You would find the model of your choice that’s easy and quick to clean. For most shoppers, a device that’s simple to use and clean gives satisfaction at all times;
- Accessories – You probably will see, while googling, that most espresso brewers don’t come with many bonus accessories. Some extras you might want to look for include a measuring scoop, milk frothing pitcher, ground tamper, and espresso or cappuccino cups;
- Warranty – Ensure the product you would buy has a good warranty. Read the customer reviews about the product then find out if the brand has a good reputation.