Top 10 Beach Lounge Chairs to Take to Your 2022 Vacation
Summer vacation is not complete without a beach lounge chair – a comfy and practical piece that you can bring wherever you go. There are many types of beach chairs, and although they might seem identical, there is a significant difference among them.
A high-quality beach chair brings a more enhanced experience than some cheaply made model. It may be challenging to find the item that’s worth buying, but don’t worry – we’re here to help.
Let us present some of the most critical features that you should pay attention to when choosing the best lounge chair, as well as the 10 most representative examples you may consider for your upcoming holiday.
Best Beach Lounge Chair: Essential Features
Here is a list of the most vital beach chair features that require your attention:
- Multiple position recline: Some chairs can adjust into three to five angled positions, which is quite convenient for tanning or laying back for a nap. If you have back problems, you should go for a highly adjustable chair with a headrest and lumbar pillow for your lower back.
- Back straps: Some lounge beach chairs come with back straps so that you can tote them around like a backpack. This feature is suitable when you’re lugging beach items to and from the car on hot summer days.
- Height: The perfect chair height depends on your preferences and on how tall you want to sit. If you want to be closer to the sand, go for shorter models, and if you have knee problems or facing similar inconveniences, we suggest you go for a taller item since it’s easier to get out of.
- Weight capacity: Most beach chairs can support up to 250 pounds, but you can also find the models that can hold up to 500 pounds.
- Canopies: Shade covers or canopies provide an additional layer of sun protection. Some chairs come with adjustable canopies, which allows you to stay protected regardless of the sun position.
- Rust resistance: This feature is quite essential since you’ll be spending a lot of time near the water, which can damage your chair. Therefore, investing in a rust-resistant chair is smart because it ensures a longer lifespan and a more elevated level of protection.
- Water resistance: High-quality and waterproof fabric is a vital feature of any beach chair. Waterproof chairs are often fadeproof, too, which protects them from losing their color and looking old after being overly exposed to the sunlight.
10 Best Beach Chairs to Enhance Your Summer Vacation
Now that you’ve become more familiar with the options included in the beach chair, we can move on to the best lounge beach chair examples worth buying in 2022. Let’s begin:
1. Best Beach Chair Overall: Coleman Portable Camping Chair
Thanks to many built-in accessories and an incredible dose of comfort, the Coleman Portable Camping Chair is considered the best in class. It’s comfortable, supportive, and roomy, which makes it suitable for big and tall people.
The most prominent function of this chair is a built-in cooler, but other features such as a cup holder and a small mesh flap in which you can hold your stuff are also why this chair is a top-notch solution.
• Built-in 4 can cooler that keeps cold drinks within reach
• Fully cushioned seat and back
• Mesh holder for personal items
• Folding design.
- Some buyers say that the chair is too thin.
UPGRADE YOUR SUMMER STYLE WITH THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- 10 Best Gas Grills for Stress-Free Cooking
- Top 8 Gas Grills Under $500: Reviews and Buying Guide Included
- 10 Best Espresso Machines Under $100: Become the Best Barista without Breaking the Bank
- A Complete Buying Guide to Espresso Machines: 10 Top Picks in 2022
- Where to Buy the Best Espresso Machine without Spending More than $200?
- Explore the Underwater World with Style: Top 30 Diving Watches in 2022
- 10 Best Running Watches to Run One Mile More (2022 Update)
- Top 10 Timeless Polo Shirts to Wear this Summer
2. Best Folding Beach Lounge Chair: Nice C Low Beach Folding Chair
If you’re looking for the best folding beach lounge chair, the Nice C Low Chair is a perfect choice. It comes with some essential characteristics that users find fantastic, and backpacking, cup holder, arm cushions, and weight sustainability (up to 300 pounds) are just some of them. The chair is pretty low, which is suitable for those who prefer laying close to the sand.
- Cooling mesh for extra breathability
- Heavy-duty steel for prolonged durability
- Easy to set up
- Easy to transport
- Suitable for beach, camping, BBQs, picnics, and festivals.
- Buyers complained that the chair ripped after a couple of uses.
- It may not be convenient for people who have trouble standing up.
3. Best Chaise Lounge Beach Chair: Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Beach Chair
If you want a beach chair that provides an elevated dose of comfort and style, we suggest you take a look at the Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Beach Chair. Thanks to its ergonomic design and light aluminum construction, this model is convenient for spending the whole day laying on it and enjoying the sunshine. Although it’s quite comfy and lightweight, this chair is quite sturdy.
- Versatile functionality
- Highly adjustable and comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Incredibly compact.
- Not the best value for money, according to customer reviews.
4. Best Cheap Beach Lounge Chair: Stansport Sandpiper Sand Chair
The reason why customers love the Stansport Sandpiper Sand Chair is not only its reasonable price but some outstanding features it offers. Although it seems small, this chair can support up to 200 lbs., and thanks to the heavy steel and durable fabric, you can feel safe while relaxing in it. It comes in two different shades of yellow – yellow gold and yellow-orange.
- Mesh pocket in the back for personal items
- Easy portability
- Suitable for kids and adults.
- It causes back and neck pain.
- Not rust-resistant.
5. Best Lightweight Folding Beach Lounge Chair: MARCHWAY Ultralight Camping Chair
Carrying heavy chairs and other beach equipment can be quite exhausting, which is why you need the MARCHWAY Ultralight Camping Chair. It is quite a light piece that allows you to carry it seamlessly, which is reasonable since it weighs only 2 pounds. It’s ultra-compact and suitable for weekends spent on the beach or campsite, and it’s also an ideal gift for your adventurer friend or family member.
- Easy to assemble
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Versatile functionality
- Ergonomic seat design.
- Poorly balanced.
6. Best Portable Beach Lounge Chair: GigaTent Portable Beach Lounge Chair
Portability and uniqueness are among the numerous reasons to consider the GigaTent Portable Beach Lounge Chair. It’s suitable for sitting by the ocean, pool, or lake and enjoying the top-notch comfort on the go. This lounge chair comes with impressive add-ons such as cooler pouch for cold drinks or snacks and adjustable backrest you can modify to create a perfect position. It’s light and compact, which allows you to take it anywhere you go.
- Designed like a mat
- Highly portable and convenient for carrying
- Adjustable backrest
- Lightweight and pretty compact
- Easy to clean.
- It may not be suitable for people who don’t like to lay practically on the ground.
7. Best Kids Beach Lounge Chair: Redmon Umbrella Kids Camping Chair
The Redmon Umbrella Kids Camping Chair is one of those versatile and cute children beach chairs suitable for both boys and girls. It’s specially designed for 2 to 5-year-old children, who will stay protected from the sun thanks to the umbrella included in the set. The chair is quite durable and convenient for different kinds of outdoor events – kids will simply love it!
- Heavy-duty construction
- Carry bag with drawstring
- Removable umbrella
- Multiple color choice (pink, green, blue, aqua…).
- Umbrella is not of the highest quality.
8. Best Reclining Beach Chairs: Tommy Bahama Classic Beach Chair
Tommy Bahama Classic Beach Chair is a highly adjustable and customizable beach chair that will enhance your vacation experience. It’s pretty unique and functional, and since it weighs only 7 lbs., you can carry it seamlessly anywhere you go. The chair includes a mesh pocket in which you can keep your personal items and have them by your side at any time.
- 5-position recline
- Bottle can opener
- Rust-proof aluminum frame
- Durable and lightweight.
- It may not be suitable for big and tall people.
9. The Best High Beach Chairs: Big Jumbo Aluminum Beach Chair
All of you who prefer chairs that aren’t too close to the ground and have a high backrest, we suggest the Big Jumbo Aluminum Beach Chair. It’s made from durable and high-quality materials, and it’s incredibly convenient for big and tall people that need some extra room to relax completely. It comes with a drink holder and zipper storage pouch on the armrest and under the seat.
- Reclines in 4 positions
- 16 inches from the ground
- Two-color options – light blue and blue.
- The chair is a bit heavy (18 lbs.).
10. Award-Winning Lounger Beach Chairs: Amor Castle Recliner Camping Chair
A stunning design and increased functionality are the most prominent features of the Amor Castle Recliner Camping Chair. It’s created specifically for people suffering from cervical spondylosis and similar back problems, which is why it comes with an enhanced level of comfort and softness. It’s incredibly durable and breathable thanks to the mesh material that keeps you cool even in hot summer days.
- Ergonomic design
- Suitable for people with back problems
- Highly portable
- Customer support available 24/7.
- A customer complained about the chair being too fragile.
Beach Chairs FAQs
Let’s take a look at the most commonly asked questions about beach chairs:
This depends mostly on you and the activities for which you’re going to use it. If you’re going hiking or walking, you better look for a lightweight model that you can carry easily. If you need something to put by the pool, bulkier models can be convenient, as well.
Go for features such as an attached umbrella or pocket for your belongings if you want to get close to the beach and consider adjustability and functionality if you want to get a more enhanced experience.
The average weight capacity of a lounge chair is between 200 and 400 lbs. Still, you can find more robust models that support even 500 pounds. Apart from your weight, you should pay attention to whether your child will be sitting on your lap – in that case, you’ll need a more durable model.
Although the material contributes to the chair’s overall comfort, it’s not the only factor determining it. You should go for fabrics such as cotton and polyester to get top-notch comfort but pay attention to cushioning, armrests, and other enhancements, too. That way, you’ll get a much better experience and enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
No. These features can be found on some models, but not all of them provide such a worthy option. If you plan on spending the whole day on the beach or in nature, make sure you find a chair that comes with built-in features that allow you to store your belongings and keep your drinks fresh throughout the day.
Portability is one of the most critical factors buyers have in mind when looking for the beach chair. It’s essential to have a chair that can be easily transported and “worn” like a backpack, and the best way to get these features is to go for a folding chair – these models are convenient for carrying, and they are often lightweight.
To ensure your kid’s comfort and safety, it’s critical to opt for models that are low to the ground, have an attached umbrella, a drink holder, and other features that children find interesting.